Developing knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world
Caring: We show empathy, compassion and respect. We have a commitment to service, and we act to make a positive difference in the lives of others and in the world around us.
Open-minded: We critically appreciate our own cultures and personal histories, as well as the values and traditions of others. We seek and evaluate a range of points of view, and we are willing to grow from the experience.
Principled: We act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness and justice, and with respect for the dignity and rights of people everywhere. We take responsibility for our actions and their consequences.
Curriculum & Teaching: outstanding learning, achievement & destinations
- Provide an excellent academic education that enables all students to secure the highest grades in order to access and succeed at world-class universities, the most competitive undergraduate courses and high quality employment-based opportunities
- Ensure students experience high quality lessons, characterised by: high challenge for all, high quality talk, frequent guided and independent practice, meaningful feedback, excellent support for learning and regular opportunities for knowledge retrieval (The DC6).
- Provide an excellent real-world education, including SRE & PSHE, to fully prepare students for the challenges and opportunities of modern living
- Provide high quality and inclusive support for students of all abilities and backgrounds and work closely with external partners to access specialist support for our students as required
- Provide varied, enriching and high quality extracurricular opportunities
Wellbeing, welfare, behaviour & attitudes: outstanding relationships
- Ensure that students are safe and able to make positive and informed choices to enhance their own wellbeing as well as the wellbeing of others
- Foster a caring, open-minded and principled school community where we all act with integrity and honesty
- Develop respectful and confident global citizens and young leaders
Leadership: making a difference
- Ensure that students from low income backgrounds have fair access to the school, receive excellent support, achieve highly and secure exciting destinations
- Make a significant contribution to the education of young people across Thanet through partnerships with other schools, particularly those within the Coastal Academies Trust
- Ensure that staff are well-supported and workload is well-managed. Provide coherent and ambitious career and professional development pathways for all Play a leading role in the development of EKLA and make a significant contribution to the planning and delivery of the alliance’s programmes, including ITT and NPQs.
- Manage the budget to ensure the maintenance of a high quality working and learning environment with excellent facilities and resources